Friday, July 30, 2010

BP12 part 3


In learning about Google Docs/ presentations, I've continued to watch tutorials on Lynda.com as well as play around with the templates. On my previous blog posting for this, I had taken a template and was adding some drawing - changing the template material to what I was doing. With this blog, I show how I've changed the drawings in my presentation to include pictures I've taken in photo booth.

I think the Google Document presentations offer a lot of flexibility to both teachers and students. Teachers have a platform on which to share and create with others. Great for team building when schedules don't overlap. I have that very situation in my teaching position. I team teach, but don't have the same prep period as my partner. Getting together before or after school is not always possible, but a shared document bridges these problems and creates access for both of us when we are available.

When students are working on projects, individually or in groups, this would also be helpful for material to be available to all members, including the teacher. In this way, the teacher would be able to monitor the groups work and have access for grading as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

signature courtesy of graphicsfactory.com